Friday, July 2, 2010

Overdue catch-up

So I am long over due for an update on my blog, sorry about that, I have been a bit busy.  For a quick catch up here we go, slightly out of order.  Brought the Tiger to Twinline in Seattle for their dyno day, put down the highest BHP at 107.49.  I was laid off and now I am currently a college student again working on a AS transfer degree in mechanical engineering, thanks to the GI Bill.  My roommates all moved away and I moved into my own place, just over 500sqft of living space and just under 500sqft of garage space, it is awesome.  The GS750 ran, then had oiling problems, and finally I managed to unload it on someone for $450.00.  Less than I was hoping to get for it, but still more than I had into it.  I have bought another Husky to use as a parts donor.  It’s a 1981 XC250 with a blown up bottom end.  So far the 40mm forks have found a new home on my 1979 Husky CR250, the topend and carb will be on there soon as well.  The parts from this bike should allow me to get the 250 running before the end of the Hammer and Tongs season and for the AHRMA race at the Farm.  I have also made some progress on the CB360, after many attempts I think I have finally sorted out a seatpan/tail section.  A battery box has been made, and the rest should come together nicely.  I also went to the Desert 100 at Odessa and ran the Ironman poker run on the KTM, I might do a separate write up on that, good fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment